Fashion Friday... with some whining



Those of you popping by today for a fun, light-hearted fashion post may be getting more than you bargained for… I would apologize, but ya’ll have been warned. I need to do some cathartic venting, whining, and planning today. 

Skirt: XXI, Belt: Maurices, Shirt: Target
I try not to get caught up in the ever-present pressure to maintain a perfect online image, but I think we all fall victims to this phenomenon occasionally. I love the bloggers out there who really do make an effort to keep it upbeat and positive, but also keep it real. Sometimes life isn’t so pretty.  So here’s my attempt to keep it real. 

Pants: Limited, Sweater: Maurices, Shoes: Shoedazzle
I have had a very un-pretty couple weeks. I have a lot on my plate right now between grad school, internship, and a full-time job. Yes, I voluntarily signed up for this, but it is still wearing on me. One of my best friends experienced a heart-wrenching loss last month and I’ve tried to go with her and support her on that emotional journey. My husband has been so stressed and working so many hours that we have barely seen one another awake in the past several weeks. Our garbage disposal is broken. Our fridge leaks. Last night our microwave broke. I feel like my life is kind of like Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events (well at least the title, I haven’t actually gotten around to reading the book).  
 
Dress: Maurices, Cardi: Old Navy, Boots: Target, Belt: swiped from another dress
I have felt sad, lonely, irrationally angry, and weary; typical over-stressed symptoms for me. I have tried self-care and gotten manis, pedis, a new hair-do, bought a new outfit, or two, or three…  but my house is still a mess and most of my meals have come from a drive-thru in the past couple weeks.
Jeans: American Eagle, Boots: DSW, Flannel: ModCloth Watch and Tank: Target
So, my plan to claw my way out of this deep rut I’ve fallen into is to get back into a structured routine. I need to be like Sheldon Cooper and have a task for every day of the week. I need to get back to my running which I have barely done in the past month. I think my Zombie 5k tomorrow is going to be a sad wake-up call when I don’t make it to the finish “alive”. I need to eat real food from a grocery store instead of a drive-thru. I need to carve out one on one time with my hubby with no distractions. So this is my plan, starting right now.  Say a little prayer for me. 
Keeping really real - this is what I wear most of the time at home. B/f Jeans: American Eagle, Harry Potter T-shirt - Kohls

Have you ever had a season of stress? How do you cope and overcome it? 

 As always, linking up with the lovely:


pleated poppy
Lena B, Actually


Fashion & Faith




6 comments:

Rachel said...

Sometimes it does just seem like these seasons of stress and never-ending problems last for weeks or months at a time--but rarely are they forever, and that gives us hope! You do have some very pretty outfits there! Hopefully a schedule will help manage some of the stressful things you're dealing with!

Angela Wiebe said...

love your outfits. Sounds like your and your husband need a staycation. Hope things get less stressful soon and that your fridge magically stops leaking!

Amia said...

We do have matching sweaters! I'm sorry to hear you're so stressed out :( I find that if I write down literally every task for the week as a to do list and cross things off as I go, it helps me feel less stressed because even if I still have so much to do, I can look and see that I did accomplish something even if it doesn't feel like it. As for eating real food, do you have a slow cooker? You can make yummy meals with little effort. Hope you have fun at the Zombie race, that sounds like a blast!
Amia

Rachel The Hat said...

oh wow, that skirt at the top is amazing..so pretty on you!!Thanks for linking up to Passion for Fashion, hope you'll join us again tomorrow xx

Lena B, Actually said...

I just bought a new microwave tonight because ours died last weekend... and I'm all for venting. I've had a rough couple of weeks too. Nobody's life is perfect. Thanks for keeping it real!
Thanks for linking up for Passion For Fashion... hope to see you tomorrow!!

Daenel T. said...

Life is hard but it's also cyclical. Know that there are better days ahead.

Ps I adore all of your outfits, especially the first and the last.

Post a Comment