Changing my name

For awhile now I have been considering changing up the name of my blog, and figured it probably wouldn't be a huge deal if I did so, since its not like I have a huge following. However, I have seen it go pretty badly when other blogs have changed their name and wasn't quite ready to commit to something new. I had this same 'not quite ready to commit' feeling about changing my maiden name and so I hyphenated. I had this notion that it would be this great happy medium and I could keep a part of who I was with me as I moved into a new phase of life. Well, I was wrong then - not about who I was, but just about hyphenating my name being great! Hyphenating my name has been such a ginormous pain and I always talk about going back and changing it. Once I decide to change careers, I will probably just take out my hyphen and I will be OK with that.

Anyway, I digress. I didn't want my indecision to stop me from following the direction my blogging has taken, which has clearly been towards fashion. I have this newly found passion for fashion, red carpet looks, clothing, creating fun outfits for myself, and learning to love and express myself through the medium of fashion.

Now, I don't consider myself super fashion-forward, nor do I intend to be. I don't want to be a stylist or anything like that. This is just a newish interest which I have felt more and more like sharing lately.

I like some clothes that are trendy and I like others just because I think they are adorable. I am in love with some of the fabulous fashion blogs out there like Rachel the Hat, Not Dressed as a Lamb, and Retro Rack, just to name a few. I enjoy the challenge of finding great clothes at cheap prices, but wouldn't consider myself to be a thrifter. I may have many different adventures in exploring this new hobby of mine and I plan to share that on the old bloggy-poo here, and I hope you will join me. You may also see posts about this other crazy new hobby I've developed, running, as well as the old stand-bys of book reviews,  posts about life, the pups, decorating, and who knows what else!

So, without further ado, I officially welcome you to:

Books, Pups, and Stilettos


1 comments:

AlliFerg said...

Cute! I LOVE the refreshed name and layout!

Post a Comment