Fashion Friday

Guys, its been HOT this week.

Walking out the door feels like walking into a wall of hot jello the hair is so thick and heavy with humidity. I am looking forward to the storms this afternoon that will hopefully break the heatwave. I also had 2 interviews this week for an upcoming internship position I have to have for my graduate program, so I tried to be a little subdued in some of my outfit choices.

I  think I have an obsession with yellow these days. 
Dress: Target Shoes: ModCloth.com Necklace: Accessory Dash Belt: from another dress

Top and skirt: Target, Shoes: Modcloth.com Earrings: Accessory Dash Belt: from another dress

Capris: Loft, Top and hat: Target Sandals: Shoe Carnival

Dress: Modcloth.com, Shoes: Target, Neckalce: Kohls, Belt: from another dress

I had a lot of fun rocking the faux-bob this week. Some people freaked and others sent sweet compliments my way. Either way, it was fun to work a new (but temporary) style for a day.

Guys, I think I am in a rut. A matchy-matchy rut. I keep gravitating towards accessories of all the SAME color. Shoes, belt, necklace, earrings - all of it the same color. As you can see, I have been walking around in some variation of solid color dress + multiple accessories of the same color = outfit for days. Hopefully next week I can challenge myself to get out of this pattern! Anyone else ever experience fashion ruts? Tell me about it in the comments!

Linking up with Rachel the Hat for her Passion for Fashion posts! 


Rachel The Hat

5 comments:

NewlyLoved said...

great looks!!

xo Jessica
www.NewlyLoved.com

rebeccalately said...

You are too cute! I love your black/white/yellow outfit!

kerby said...

So I bought this horizontal striped pencil skirt from target that I am wearing to a job interview tomorrow and was googling different ways to wear it and it occurred to me that you always snap super cute pictures of yourself wearing clothes that I actually like/could see myself in. So I popped in and saw that you pretty much have the same striped skirt from Target and wore it untucked with a skinny belt. Thank you for the inspiration!

AshleaD said...

Ah Kerby - I am just now seeing this! So glad I could offer a little inspiration! :) Hope the interview went well!!! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment