Christmas-a-fied!

I am finally posting about all of the crazy Christmas-ness going on over here. Yes- I admit, I broke my cardinal rule this year and started Christmas decorating BEFORE Thanksgiving. I also started wrapping presents AND listening to Christmas music pre-Thanksgiving this year too. So much for my grinchy ways. I was so excited about Christmas this year that I had my theme picked out way back in October! (So much for Halloween right?) I desperately wanted to do a Country Christmas. I first started by taking some of my shiny red and gold ornaments from last year and covering them w/ cute country material, like this gingham, and tied it with raffia.

Before: (oooo shiny!)


After: Voila! Country-fied ornaments. 

Next- I went a little bonkers @ Target and got a whole bunch of plain brown wrapping paper, raffia, and brown paper bags bags and then nearly swooned w/ happiness when I found the $1 ornaments that matched my theme and made perfect "bow replacements" on my packages. I also got a tube of 10 country Christmas bells for $5, some holly berry picks for $5, and cinnamon scented pine cones for $5.
See: Country-fied Christmas Tree! (just an FYI- raffia as tinsel = huge pain in the arse) 


And Country packages! 
Next stop was my in-laws basement for their Christmas decor rejects and I swiped up these 2 wreathes and added some ribbon, raffia, and easy to remove sticky hooks:

The mini trees were $3 at Big lots! I just set them on some natural fibered stuff (bowl and candle) that I had to give them different heights.

Please disregard the chew-toy. :)

This one also stolen borrowed from the Derry basement (added a candle I already had and some shiny ornaments on top of some burlap to keep in country)

I also threw some ornaments in my candle holder by the fireplace and I am in LOVE with our country-Christmas stockings! (Check back next week for a Papa-made mantel!!)


And since I had a whole bunch of pine cones and some ribbon left over: Pine Cone Chandelier! Heck yes!


And here we have some ornaments and raffia stuck in vases I already had, plus some garland stolen borrowed from the Derry basement.


What Christmas decor is complete without some poinsettias (fake of course since I have dogs likely to eat them)? Also- some pine cones in mason jars with raffia bows. (I have said it before, and I will say it again- You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl!)


And some more poinsettias and random sprigs of something- love the dollar store!



One family's old-never-used-Christmas/winter-decor = My snowman candle holder :) Thanks Grissom family!


And finally, the best Christmas stuff in my house: CHRISTMAS PUPS!

Izzie really has it rough.


Santa Baby and Santa Paws!

Merry Christmas Decorating!!! 

 And, just in case you'd like some Christmas inspirations other than Country-ness, here is a website that I got a lot of ideas and inspirations from!

0 comments:

Post a Comment