New Year's Resolutions

Let's face it kids- it's that time of year again. The time for New Year's Resolutions! Well- we all know what mine are:

1. Get Healthy
2. Get Out of Debt.

By the end of 2011, I want to be able to post a smokin' "After Ashlea" pic to redeem my "Fat Ashlea".

I won't lie. The holidays were hard. I didn't even attempt to watch my calories, make it to a gym, or pass up any opportunity to snack on anything. I really enjoyed and indulged. And now I am paying for it. Ugh. I have a stomach condition and my poor digestive system started to revolt the day after Christmas. I control my problems with my food intake, because no medication seems to be effective, and clearly, with the food I was eating, things have gotten out of control. It has take nearly a week for me to feel comfortable again. No fun.

I am proud to report that I stuck to my goal of "Don't Do Lunch December" and only ordered a delivery lunch ONCE for the entire month!

I did not, however, make it to the gym for about 3 weeks ( I am so ashamed) and felt terribly guilty about it. I think that's good though, since it was a motivation for me to pack up my gym bag and take it to work on Tuesday and today. I am headed straight to the gym when I get off work. Do not pass Go. Do not go home. Do not collect $200. Go straight to jail  gym (Freudian slip).

I did read a cool article today on Yahoo.com that I wanted to share with my readers- because let's face it - the #1 New Year's Resolution HAS to be to lose weight in this fat country we live in! So here:  http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/supercool-tools-to-melt-the-pounds-off-2432326/
I am coveting that Escali Nutrition Tracker! That's awesome- and it comes in red! haha

I did the math today on how long it would take me to reach my goal weight if I lose 1lb per week as is recommended... 7 and a half months. months? AH. That's a blow to my impatient, chubby little self. Maybe I can half that and try to lose 2 lbs per week. We shall see. I will need to develop some discipline and persevere... neither of which sounds very fun or easy. Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment