Top 10 of Twenty-ten

This year has been a bit crazy. It has had its fair share of ups and downs. I did want to share my top 10 best of 2010. This list is a compilation of personal victories, goals reached, and just fun stuff that made my year.

#10: I started a blog!

How fun? I now get to share of this fun stuff with the blogosphere thanks to a couple college friend’s encouragement. I am so glad I did. It has been a fun way to challenge myself to do more stuff and try new projects. I now say things like “oh – I could blog about that!” It’s great and a fun way to look back at my year… well 4 months anyway. 

#9: Trying New Things

I am very proud to say that I have been less of a weenie about trying new stuff. Anyone recall the “self-grooming the pups” post? Yeah- a couple years back I would have never taken on an endeavor like that. Now the hubs has got me wanting to learn the piano, picking up my old clarinet from high school, and who knows what else is on the horizon. I am happy that Brandon inspires me and that I have grown to be more confident and willing to try new, interesting, and fun things.

#8: Exploring my love of Decorating and Taking on new Projects

I love, love, love to decorate. It has been awesome to be in control of my own our space to express myself. Even w/ a limited budget it has been fun and challenging to make new things, thrift stuff, and steal things from Nana and Papa and Cindy to make our space a home. I have seen a marked pattern towards going country in my tastes- which my husband will just have to deal with  He got me to move to suburbia- something I said I would never do, but I brought the country with me!


#7: New Ink

What a fun way to spend a day? Getting new tattoos w/ my sissies  We all got a symbol that represents The Three Sisters- faith, hope, and charity. We all got them in different places on ourselves and it was a fun bonding experience I will never forget. I love my sisters!

#6: Moving to a New Apt.

This was quite the debacle. Do we move? Do we stay? Can we afford it? I am so glad that we moved, regardless of the challenges. We love our new apartment. It feels so much more like us and it is truly home. And plus- I got to decorate it!

#5: Weekend in Wisconsin

This probably would have been higher on my list, but I was sick and Brandon was stressed. We did have a great time exploring The House on the Rock together. It was awesome for me to be able to share a fun memory from my childhood w/ my babes and he can’t wait to go back and really be able to enjoy it.

#4: Unexpected Promotions

As most of you know, I was becoming very unsatisfied with my job earlier this year. I had gone so far as to interview at another place. But, I love Tabor, and couldn’t leave. God’s hand was in that decision big time because a few months later I am sitting in a director’s position. It’s amazing the plans He has and I am so grateful. I love this job. I am excited about coming to work again!

#3: Having a Church Home

I have really struggled with not having a church community in my life for a couple of years, so I have been very grateful for being able to finally have a place to call home. When we moved we ended up 30 min closer to Brandon’s family church and I love it there! I was able to be in the choir and we both serve on the communion ministry team. I am so looking forward to the next year and being more involved.

#2: Amazing Family Time

The entire year has been packed with fun family togetherness. I love every second of it. I even love when I am annoyed at the fam, because that means they are really family! Haha It’s been so much fun, doing everything from segway tours to playing killer bunnies for hours. I love it. It was amazing to have my great-aunt at my apartment for Christmas and I just feel so blessed.

And, drumroll please…..

#1 of 2010: Brandon Graduating Grad School!!!

Really- what else could top this? Our entire lives have changed because of this! It is wonderful and I could not be more proud of my husband. It was a rough road, but he persevered and finished and did it well!

Ok 2011- What ya got for us?

Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You're adorable! :)

I am so happy things are falling into place for you, and I KNOW 2011 will be splendid!!!

Love you Ash!

Brittney said...

Love this! What a fun way to wrap up 2010!

Post a Comment