Anniversary Weekend Getaway

*Disclaimer: This will be a photo-heavy post!

This year Brandon and I celebrated two years of wedded bliss. :) I feel like the last 2 years have absolutely flown by because we have been so busy. To celebrate this year, we spent a long weekend in Galena, IL, a cute little historical town. Here are some pictures of our weekend. (Sorry there aren't too many actual photos of me and Brandon - we both felt like it was too hot and looked too gross to have much photographic evidence. lol)

We stayed at Anne Wiggen's B & B: 





We ate at Procento's Pizza and went on a carriage ride Friday night:
Yummy Hawaiian Pizza :)


I was a little under-whelmed with the carriage ride, but it was a fun way to end the day. Saturday we went on a tour of Linmar Gardens, strolled around downtown, went to a lovely dinner, and then a ghost tour. Here is a smattering of pictures:



Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter gardens




This was hilarious. They are Civil War actors and were checking out the car show downtown.

This is Galena High School


We had to run up these stairs to make it to the garden tour on time. I nearly died. There are 193 steps - or so our inn-keepers told us. 


 Bumblebee from the car show :)


I regret not taking pictures of every course of this meal. It was a-maz-ing. I was too busy eating until I got to dessert to remember to take pics :) 
Ghost Tour: (This was my favorite part of the whole weekend! So much fun! I think this is the best way to get a historical tour of a town. It was great!)
President Grant's House (Along with our tour guide)

Looking for ghosts wandering the cemetery looking for their graves :)

It was such a pretty cemetery
We had a great weekend. Brandon really enjoyed the country scenery of the drive and trying to maximize our gas mileage with our new car. I think that we both came back feeling relaxed and refreshed. Our pups though, came back plain tired from spending the weekend with Nana and Papa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment