Living Room Face Lift

Nothing like being MIA for 2 weeks. Sorry folks- I had the worst case of bronchitis I have had in my life and was laid out for over a week. I am still on the mend a little bit now, so, in an effort to get out of my funk, I wanted to share with you a pinterest project that has now inspired an entire living room re-vamp, which I started (along with this post) nearly a month ago. My goal is to do it all in under $100 (HA!).
My project here cost about $20 with the material and hoops, but could definitely be done for less if you have scraps of material laying around. My inspiration was this adorable room and baby girl:



So cute right? I hope my kids are that cute…I found this on pinterest and followed this tutorial.

Well, I really wanted to brighten up my living room and thought that material would be a great way to bring in color. I also had a great pier 1 buy (Thanks to Alli over at Ferguson Finds) and an amazing score at Savers (a goodwill-but-nicer store) with colored glass vases to put on the mantle, which looked something like this before the new wall-art.


Then we add the art:


It was so simple to put the fabric in the embroidery hoops. Just a little bit of tacky glue and trim to fit! I arranged them on the floor before I put them up above the mantle.
Materials

In-progress

Very helpful assistant

Pre-arrangement


When I first had it up I didn’t think it was full-enough, so I ran out and got a couple more medium-sized hoops. But now that I have been looking at it for a couple days weeks, I think it might be OK. Thoughts?

Just to refresh you on the metamorphosis of the mantle:



1.

2.

3.

 And now:



This has now spawned a whole list of projects :
1. Refurbish my $10 ottoman - (done, just need to blog it now)
2. New accessories to being the brightness of the mantle into the rest of the room (done - ish)
3. New DIY wall – art (out-sourced this project to papa…)
4. Paint the TV stand (ok – this has actually been on the list for like 2 years…)
5. Maybe a new wreath to replace my country-fied one
6. Pillow shams from leftover material (also done-zo)



The list could go on and on and on….

Well, what do ya’ll think of the new mantle and art? What's your fav look for the mantle?



2 comments:

Brittney said...

LOVE it!! Soooo cute!! I love your decorating/projects blogs!

Janna said...

I love it! I'm starting to have an appreciation for colored glass, so I love the display on the mantle. I'm also always looking for great things to use on the wall. Plus it's colorful. I'm sure you knew I'd love it. :-)

Post a Comment