Trends That Should've Stayed in the 90's


Sometimes I don’t understand why fashion trends are resurrected. Now, I know this isn’t the first time we have seen these offenders, but for some reason the Fashion-Powers-that-Be can’t seem to just let them die. The most recent re-incarnations of these fashion flops we will be visiting today are the Jumpsuit, the Acid Wash, the Harem pants, and the Shoulder Pad. 

1990’s Jumpsuit:

Come on, be honest, who had one of these? No, well you are in luck because you could buy this “Vintage” 1990’s piece on etsy.com! (btw- when did the 90’s become vintage?! I swear I am not that old!). I wish I could dig up old school pictures from grade school. I have at least 2 that I can think of off the top of my head that were taken in equally hideous jumpsuits.
Current resurrection of the Jumpsuit:


Now, it doesn’t offend me completely. However, who can really wear these besides models? Plus, bathroom usage just seems so much more complicated – Who really wants to get completely undressed to relieve herself? No thank you. 

1990’s Acid Wash:

Current Acid Wash:

Yeah. Not much has changed. This is equally horrible in either decade. 

1990’s Hammer… I mean Harem Pants: 

Come on, who doesn’t want to look like MC Hammer?! Yeah, me neither.
Current Harem/Hammer Pant: 

They really look like jammies to me. Yes, I get it they are comfortable, but I don’t think they are flattering on any of these women really. And Kim K’s outfit looks like the new Snow White’s fighting outfit! 
See: 

Lily Collins does it better though. 

1990’s Shoulder pads:

Those designing women rocked this look.
Current Shoulder pads: 

Ugh Lady Gaga what have you done to fashion? I hate this look – they even have the harem pants too. Why do women want to look like mutant football players? I have never loved this look. It was bad then. It’s worse now. 

And one last thing – It’s not a bad fashion trend that won’t die, but it makes me sad all the same. Do you guys remember when John Mayer looked like this?

Yum right?
Well, I saw him on Ellen last week and nearly cried. 

He used to be hot. What has Montana done to this man?!
Well that’s all for today – anyone agree to disagree on the fashion trends? Anyone else sorely disappointed in John Mayer’s new look?

0 comments:

Post a Comment