What I Wore Wednesday: Mustard, Cinnamon, and Cognac

No - I didn't roll in my dinner. These colors are quintessential autumn and I may have done some "back to school" shopping for myself to bulk up on my fall clothes. Both outfits shows off a new fall purchase :)
I got this lovely cinnamon-orangey wrap sweater from Modcloth.com and new boots from amazon.com!

Again, wearing the new boots, and a new mustard-yellow dress from modcloth.com. I also re-styled my leopard belt by flipping it backwards to match the cognac brown of my boots!
I also wore these sweet little owl earrings both days that my cousin gave me as a late birthday gift :) Love them and the owls are perfect fall critters! :)

There are only two this time and I know I haven't done a WIWW post in a while, but can I get real with you guys? I was really sick of looking at pictures of myself. Not because of a lack of self-confidence issue, clearly... I was sick of it because I have been feeling pretty convicted about my vanity and getting caught up striving for outward beauty.
Do I think women should take pride in their appearance? Absolutely.
Do I think we should spend all of our time shopping, dying, waxing, and photo editing to get to a look we are proud of? No. 
I am never going to be the person who says women shouldn't invest time and effort into the way they look because of some "body is a temple" reason. However, I think that we should tread cautiously. It is so easy to get sucked into striving for an ideal, external beauty while sacrificing our internal beauty.
It says in Peter 1: 3-4
 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.
Now, not that I don't love a good braid and some fine clothes, but I am desperate to have an inner-beauty that shines through, no matter what my hair, make-up, and clothes look like. That kind of beauty takes time and investment too, and probably time and effort that will be better spent than an afternoon on pinterest or in a salon.
What about you? Do you ever feel convicted about your vanity? How to you draw a line?

0 comments:

Post a Comment